Blackberry stops tracking when running in the background.
The "Content Protection" encrypts the device storage and memory on Blackberry phones. When "Content Protection" is enabled it may disrupt the AccuTracking software (forcibly shutting it down or denying write permissions due to the encrypted system). The content protection kicks in after 15 minutes or so when the phone is locked.
To disable Content Protection:
- Scroll to and select Settings (to select push the trackwheel in).
- Scroll to and select Options.
- Scroll to and select Security Options.
- Highlight and select General Settings.
- Highlight Content Protection.
- Click the trackwheel and select Change Option.
- Scroll to and select Disabled.
- Click the trackwheel and select Save.
On some Blackberry models (for example 9700), if you see tracking stops updating, please install "Quick Pull" from the Blackberry App world, or install "GPS Status" from http://eclipsim.com/gpsstatus/